There is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked bread!
This bread is delicious toasted the next morning for a quick breakfast snack or used for open sandwiches topped with smoked salmon, cream cheese & buttery avo at lunch time.
Bread doesn’t get easier than this!
- Yield: 1
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 hours
300g Cake Flour – sifted
200g Whole Wheat Flour
30g Sesame Seeds – toasted
50g Rolled Oats
15g Flax Seeds
1 Sachet Dry Yeast
4g Fine Salt
- Preheat oven to 1800C
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake flour, whole wheat flour, sesame seeds, oats, flax seeds & salt.
- In a separately combine honey & dry yeast in a small bowl – add a little lukewarm water, allow the yeast to sponge.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the yeast mixture into the well.
- Add a little more lukewarm water into the well – mixing from the inside out
- Add water as you go – do not starve the dough
- Once dough is formed, transfer to a clean bowl, coat with oil, cling wrap and let proof until double in size.
- Transfer proved dough into a floured surface, knead for +- 10 minutes, shape and prove again until doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Optional to sprinkle with extra oats or seeds before baking as garnish.
NOTE: DO NOT cut or store away bread while still warm, allow to cool completely!
Storage directions: Store in an airtight container or cling wrap well in the fridge – refresh on order in a 2000C oven.