Just the thought of ginger biscuits makes my mouth water, I don’t need to wait for a specific holiday or season to enjoy them!
In my option, they should be an all year round enjoyable treat filling our homes with happiness and enjoyment.
- Yield: 9 doz
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
770g cake flour – sifted
12ml Cream of tartar
25ml Ground ginger
5ml Fine salt
500g Brown Sugar
225g Golden Syrup
3 Extra large eggs
10ml Bicarbonate of soda
- Mix the flour, cream of tartar, ginger and salt together.
- Add the sugar to the flour mixture.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Beat syrup and eggs together.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the milk. Beat in the egg and syrup mixture and add to the dry ingredients, mix to a firm dough.
- Cover with plastic and leave in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Roll dough into small balls, place onto greased baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
NOTE: DO NOT store while warm, allow to cool completely!
Storage directions: Store in an air tight container. Label & Date with permanent marker.