Tonight was one of those nights where you stand in front of the fridge & look inside to try & find some inspiration or dinner ideas… Well, I wasn’t feeling very motivated to make a big fancy meal BUT I always want to make something delicious for my family.
These Pork Cakes are both delicious & easy to make!
I served these easy little dollops of deliciousness with some hand cut potato chips & homemade sweet chili sauce.
Dinner is served!!
- Yield: 12 – 16
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Pork Sausages – good quality, meat removed from the casing| 8
Onion – finely chopped|1/2
Celery Stalks – Finely chopped|2 stalks
Golden Delicious Apple – peeled, cored & grated|1 large
Fresh Thyme|1 tsp
Fresh Sage – finely chopped|1 Tbls
Brown Bread – made into crumbs|1 slice
Ground Nutmeg|1 decent pinch
Cayenne Pepper|1 decent pinch
Salt & Pepper|to taste
Vegetable Oil|to shallow fry
- Add all ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl
- Using a wooden spoon, mix until well combined & the mixture become tacky.
- Pour enough oil to shallow fry into a large frying pan, over a medium heat use a tablespoon to spoon doppos of the pork mixture into the pan.
- Fry for 5 minutes on each side & are golden brown. Only flip once to prevent unnecessary excess oil absorption.
- Remove from the il & place onto absorbent paper.